- Physician visits that provide medical consultation and alleviate disease symptoms and manage pain.
- Registered nurse visits that provide a few times weekly according to the patients’ conditions. The registered nurses assist in management of medications and provide nursing care of symptoms.
- Social worker visits contact and visit patients and families weekly according to their conditions. The social workers provide psychosocial support and counselling to the patients and their families, helping patients working on Advance Health Care Directives. They also help patients explore and apply for available community resources based eligibility.
- Spiritual counselor visits contact the patients a few times monthly. The spiritual counselors provide spiritual care and support according to the spiritual beliefs and needs of the patients.
- Home health aides visit patients a few times weekly. The home health aides help patients in personal hygiene and simple household chores according to the patients’ needs.
- Telephone and visitation volunteers have undergone special training. Being both knowledgeable and loving, these volunteers provide an ear and companionship to patients several hours per week to give the families some respite.
- Professional counsellors lead trained grief supporters to care to the bereaved in the San Francisco Bay area. The bereavement support program consists of bereavement greeting letters, one-on-one in-person counseling, telephone grief support, support groups, etc. free of charge for 13 months after a loss. Please see program details on front Page by clicking on Bereavement Support.
- Dietitian, Physical therapist, Occupational therapist and Speech therapist are also available for patients as needed.
We have a 7-Day 24-hour on-call service provided by a registered nurse. Patients and family members can call this hotline 408-986-8584 to request emergency consultation or visitations as needed.